Every year choosing which stories to nominate for the Pushcart Prize is difficult. It’s not any easier this year because, despite the fact we only put out three issues instead of four because I’m very aware that this is the final time I will be nominating work from Niteblade for this prestigious award. Difficult as it was, however, I have made my decisions and mailed the package today so they are final and official.
I am pleased to announce that on behalf of Niteblade Magazine I was proud to nominate the following poems and stories for The Pushcart Prize:
- Candy, Shoe, and Skull; Sallow Flowers Plucked Like Chains by Eileen Wiedbrauk (March 2015)
- What Happened Among the Stars by Beth Cato (June 2015)
- Small Necessary Things by Angela Enos (June 2015)
- Sorry were those your sneakers? by Anne Carly Abad (September 2015)
- The Children of Monsters by Matthew Meade (September 2015)
- The Cicadas of Okinawa by Stephanie Lorée (September 2015)
Congratulations nominees, and good luck!